Resilience is the word of the year. Generating a ton of questions about our lives in the “ new” normal. It also is raising concerns about control, what happened to our lives and how we handle so many unknowns has much to do with maintaining good mental clarity & health.
So how do we-remain resilient during this pandemic? I have a few tried & true methods that may help you.
- So what can we control? We can control ourselves, our attitudes, mindset, efforts, and how we look after ourselves, our self care - and how we respond to stressors in our lives.
- Coping with stress while maintaining positive moods is key to our feelings, thinking attitudes and outcomes. When you are being positive you have a deeper resilience and reservoir to dig into. Human resilience in the face of 2020 is what this is all about, so you have a choice to be mindful of how you handle what you’re facing, choose positive.
- Accept that you can’t change the worlds chaos, but you can change the way you react to it. Stay positive.
- Reframe & Remind: adjust your mindset to see the situation as temporary, what can you do to mitigate the damage, could be as simple as recalling tough circumstances from the past and how you were able to overcome those.
- Be a Goalie, set small daily goals for yourself, things that will help you to feel more motivated and in turn keeping the positivity flowing.
- Practice mindfulness and breathe. Deep cleansing breathing techniques when you feel the stress rise, praying and meditating. Exercise. Eat right. Sleep. Get outside and walk, take an online yoga class. If you haven’t tried it before maybe nows the time, whatever it is, just don’t curl up in a ball. Those feelings of helplessness will overwhelm you if you don’t stave them off. There are many different ways to approach a difficult situation. Hopefully, this has given you a few good ways to remain resilient this year. Just keep up the great work of seeing things take a positive turn for the very best, for us all. xx~hugs Sherri
- #staypositive #beagoalie #resilience #lifecoaching #edenmatketltd
- "People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." Elisabeth Kübler-Ross